Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Seeing things in the dark....


Shadow People. The name alone raised the hair on the back of my neck. I suffer from 3 different types of sleep parasomnias which thankfully I have been able to treat. Previously, I dreamt very vividly. Like entire movie dreams. Very detailed, very plot oriented, very wild. Think Tim Burton on vacation in your head!

I used to see these figures, very sinister and foreboding to me in some way. They never touched me or threatened myself, but I always felt as though there were inherently evil in some way. Some of the scariest things I have ever seen made me not even want to go to sleep at night. This drawing is one that over the years has come back to me in the most striking visual representation of what I saw, or what I thought I saw according to my sleep doctor. "Just dreaming it all, no need to worry." Well, being afraid enough not to want to go to sleep is cause for concern in my book. I have heard many different explanations for the beings but for me they are evil. It was just the extreme chill I got, the uneasiness, the general feeling of dread when I came in contact with these figures. Crazy stuff. What real nightmares are made of.........

No comments: